This website is designed mainly for students of the subject of History. But it is followed enthusiastically by many thousands of people, especially young people, who are interested in general history, though not necessarily having to take examinations in it. From some of the recent Comments posted on the website, arises the feeling that we eliminate any criticism of the posts. This is untrue. We do have a policy over approval or disapproval of Comments, as follows:
– All spam is automatically re-directed to the Spambox.
– Anything gratuitously obscene, ungentlemanly, unladylike or plain ignorant is disapproved.
– Any commentator who uses the Comment boxes as an outlet for their own opinions on any subject will probably be approved, if the opinions are constructive, and might be helpful to our serious students.
– Any commentator who simply rejects our post out of hand must, in their Comment, be able to give chapter and verse to back their objection. If they do not, the Comment will be disapproved.
– We do not consider appropriate the use of innumerable comment boxes in order to compose a huge article on one of OUR subjects. Let this type of commentator found their own website, not use ours.
– Any Comment which shows, through its spelling, punctuation (or the lack of it), syntax and general thrust that the Writer is unconcerned with accuracy or literacy, will be disapproved.
That said, I would like to thank the many thousands of followers who are constantly loyal to general-history.com and report with gladness that more than 80% of the Comments are positive, comforting, in many cases grateful. Teachers from the middle of Africa to Alaska use this website as a tool in their instruction of young people. That was and is the Idea. Thank you.